These fragrant incense sticks are hand dipped in essential oils. Burn duration: 40 minutes. For longer duration, soak the sticks in water first.
Silence incense sticks are made from bamboo sticks, wood shavings, jicket (a natural adhesive made from the bark of the litsea glutinosa tree), petal dust and sometimes colour. These sticks are then dipped into essential oils, dried and packaged into hand printed packets. Hand crafted by skilled artisans working with Silence, one of our fair trade partners in India.
Silence is a cooperative of artisans in Kolkata who describe themselves as, “A self-help movement for those who can neither speak nor hear, except visually, and others who cannot go anywhere, except in their imagination, and yet who aspire towards self-sufficiency and acceptance as contributing members of the Society.”
Instructions for use: light the tip of the stick or cone. Gently extinguish the flame by blowing or fanning. The stick will glow and release a delicate fragrance. Place the unlit end in a suitable incense burner.
- keep out of reach of children.
- Use only on an inflammable base or holder.
- To avoid damage caused by ash, use a holder with an ash catcher. Burn in a ventilated area away from flammable objects and draughts.
- Never leave burning incense unattended.
- Ensure stick is extinguished before discarding.